Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Surprise Vacation in Bohol: The Plan



“It's always fun to surprise someone you love. Planning it and keeping it a secret are the challenging parts, but seeing their expression when the surprise is revealed is the best part!”

My mother is turning 60 on March 30, 2013, and I have always dreamed of giving her a surprise birthday. I've already organized different events in the past, and I would not let this life past without organizing a special event for my mother. 

my beautiful mother is turning 60 this March.. :)



The Surprise:

I started searching the net last January to find some awesome ideas for the surprise birthday party. And I was not disappointed because there were many blogs that answered my queries. When I got the idea, I told my best buddies about the plan, and they got so excited with it.

February came, we were busy looking for a place to conduct the birthday splash. We had an idea to have it in a private resort in our province, but it’s very far, and transportation would be a problem. We continued our search, and finally we found a resort just within the city, and booked for a March 31 party.

After the reservation, I thought the venue was already final, but four pictures changed my plan in an instant. I was reformatting my external hard drive one evening, when I saw my pictures in Bohol taken last July 2011.

Alona Beach Front with my Melason Family
a family lunch onboard Loboc River floating restaurant

a picturesque view of Dauis Chuch in Bohol
enjoying the cable car experience


Memories of the fun adventure we had there with my Melason friends flashed back. I also remembered what I promised to myself before that I will bring my mother in Bohol when I am already financially able. So I immediately decided to give my mother a surprise vacation rather than conducting a party for her. She have always wanted to travel and explore the Philippines, so this trip would be a dream come for her.

I erased everything I planned. I did again an extensive research from blogs and travel forums.  I looked for a hotel and tour guide in Bohol. I searched for different affordable hotel rates in Tagbilaran City through Agoda and Trip Advisor. I chose to stay in the heart of the city so that we will have easy access to the port, malls and food stalls.

For me, this was one of the fun parts in planning a vacation. I was able to read different information about the place based from the experiences of those people who have travelled and enjoyed Bohol’s magnificent wonders.

So when I finally arranged everything for the trip, I informed my best buddies again, and they all got excited for the trip. This was my 3rd time in Bohol, but having my mother and best friends with me this time, the 3rd time was my NUMBER 1 . It was a 3D/2N stay set for the four of us---me, my mother Myrna, and 2 of my best girl friends (Ate Jane and Behbeh Joana).

I set the date to March 18-21, because the last week of March will be the Lenten Week, and I don’t want to experience the rush of travelling with many people during the holiday week. 

The Reveal:

Last March 15, 2013, we were eating our lunch at the foodcourt of Lee Plaza (mall of Dumaguete City). We were in the middle of our meal when I told her to arrange her duty schedule for the following week. She was speechless so I continued and said that I will bring her to Bohol as my surprise 60th birthday vacation for her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...