Monday, April 13, 2015

Hello Baguio (a "dream come true" vacation)



Visiting Baguio City has always been my dream since I was a little child. I have read a lot of beautiful stories about this lovely place and I was really excited to experience its cold weather, mingle with hospitable locals, see their colorful culture, and have a taste of their delicious foods.

After so many years of waiting, I am just so blessed to finally visit the City of Pines and the Summer Capital of the Philippines last January 2014, with my Lachuacherang mother. It was not an easy trip because I had no idea on how to arrange the itinerary at the beginning. But thanks to all the blogs I've read that guided me during the planning stage of this trip. In the end, me and my mom really enjoyed our adventure in Baguio City.


the "Lacuacherang Mag-ina" in Baguio





Manila to Baguio Transportation:

Victory Liner First Class Deluxe Bus

Fare: PHP 715/ pax
Route: Pasay to Baguio

*** Bought the ticket online at: http://www.victoryliner.com/reservations/

UPDATE: I've checked their website today, and I think they don't offer online booking anymore.

"ONLINE SEAT RESERVATION IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. Please VISIT OUR TERMINAL FOR YOUR ADVANCE BOOKING."--- Victory Liner




Accomodation:

Azalea Hotels and Residences Baguio
Website: www.azaleabaguio.com
Address: 7 Leonard Wood Loop, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Phone:(074) 424 8712

My gorgeous mom

Beautiful facade of Azalea Residences Baguio

City Tour

For our city tour, the hotel front desk arranged a Taxi cab to tour us around since their hotel van was fully booked that time.

Our taxi driver/tour guide, Kuya Rolando, toured us to all the tourist spots without any hassle. He was very accommodating and kind. Sad to say, I forgot to ask for his contact number. But I will definitely ask the hotel to contact him again during our next visit.

Taxi Tour: PHP 2500 -- for whole day tour


Taxi tour

Our tour guide, Kuya Rolando


Places to Visit in Baguio City


1. The Mansion


A cold and sunny morning in Baguio City
My mom outside The Mansion


2. Wright Park 







3. Mine's View Park



the very cute pink horse

love love love my mother dear

wearing the traditional Igorot costume


4. Baguio Botanical Garden


these people eagerly approached us to have a picture with us

the Igorot's Selfie


5. The White House


famous haunted house in Baguio City


6. The Lion's Head



the famous Lion's Head along Kennon Road


 8. Pink Sisters Convent





7. Philippine Military Academy (PMA)









mommy's jumpshot at the Philippine Military Academy grounds


picture with one of the PMA cadets
  
the usual ground use for PMA graduation

9. Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto

first step to the grotto

finally she reached the top





10. Strawberry Farm, La Trinidad, Benguet



Add caption

Strawberries :) yummy

giant cabbage

my mom, as lovely as the sunflower

yehey we're done picking



Strawberry Ice Cream of Baguio City

Walis Tambo of Baguio

colorful flowers at the back

Strawberry Taho of Baguio City

very yummy... a must eat in Baguio City

11. Baguio Cathedral




12. Burnham Park 


you can rent a tricycle or a bicycle here

breathtaking view of burnham park at dust

colorful water fountain in Burnham Park

a fun way to end the day tour, have a stroll along the scenic Burnham Park



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...